Isaac, Alexis and I went to Story hour at the library today. Isaac's usual routine is to sit on my lap, listen to the book, but not really want to get involved with the kids. Today I thought I brought a new kid there. He went right the the rug, sat down, found a friend and asked him to sit with him! He listened carefully to the story about dinosaurs and raised his hand and said "I don't think I'd want a dinosaur as a pet cause they look too scary!" Miss Andrea agreed with him. He looked back at me and grinned a little proud grin. I was so proud, I almost cried. It is so amazing to me how kids can change in just a matter of a week.
Last night Roger told the kids that he went and seen a 4 wheeler that he wanted to buy for them, but thought they'd be too little and scarred of it. It was white and matched his 4 wheeler. That perked their ears up and they wanted to see this 4 wheeler. So he told them he'd take them to see it this weekend, if it was still there. Isaac couldn't stop talking about the 4 wheeler, even today, he really wanted to see this thing.
We got home from the library and I opened the garage to park and was shocked (but not really shocked) to see the little white 4 wheeler parked in my parking spot. Isaac was soooo excited, beyond excited! He first asked if it was real, or a toy.
Then he wanted to ride it of course!
He was completely amazed with the mini sized 4 wheeler! They went for a ride and he was huge smiles the rest of the day. We picked up Macie from school and we told her there was a big surprise at home for her and Isaac. She asked for clues, so we told her it was white, big, has wheels and you need a helmet for it! She guessed a new bike, scooter, and thought for sure it must be a skate board cause we didn't have a skate board yet! Then Isaac said "Nooo and its not a 4wheeler either!" Once she figured out it was the mini 4 wheeler she squealed with delight. "Awesome, I can't wait to ride it!" is what she said.
So here she is trying out the new ride. Of course Daddy rode with her, but he was giving her lessons along the way. At one point he said she put the throttle all the way down and screamed with delight!!!! WAHOOOOOOOOOOOO
We got a big giant thumbs up from Macie when she got done with her ride!!!
Moral of the story, Don't judge a day by the time you wake up....


1 comment:
Adorable post, adorable kids.
Post a Comment