So the official big day came. May 8th, 2011. It was also Mothers Day. So we got to spend a special day together. She woke up to her her big surprise of her American Girl doll. She could not be happier.
I had planned a Luau themed party for the late afternoon. This idea came with her doll of course, and Macies idea of wanting steaks and mushrooms for her birthday supper. Our once very picky eater what ate chicken nuggets and french fries 5 out of 7 days of the week, has become a great eater now. I guess it comes along with the big kid title. The menu also worked well for Mothers Day. The day was great, and the party was very fun! Family always makes for a great birthday!
Macie went to bed that night saying "I had the best day ever Mommy!" Shes 5, and shes a big kid now. sniff sniff....


No comments:
Post a Comment